[OS X TeX] Correction and Misc

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Mar 3 11:45:57 EST 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Michael Williams wrote:

> What is the difference between MacTeX_Additions and MacTeXtras?

They have nothing in common. MacTeXtras is the extra material edited
by Herbert
Shulz for the DVD, containing additional GUI front ends, more
documentation,
demos, etc. It is on CTAN.

During the experimental development phase, we made available

	MacTeX_Additions: everything in the MacTeX install package except
	a TeX distribution; thus Ghostscript, ImageMagick, GUI apps

	TeXLive-2007: the TeX Live distribution in an Apple install package

	gwTeX: Gerben's new distribution in an Apple install package

MacTeX-2007 combines the first two and is on CTAN. Our intention is
to make
the first and third available on a couple of sites, but not on CTAN.
When that happens, we'll link to those sites from the mactex page and
elsewhere.

Dick