[OS X TeX] Local additions and multiple TeX distributions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 8 10:11:23 EST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Alan Munn wrote:

> One question, though.  Shouldn't I continue to put my local
> additions into the gwTeX/texmf.local directory rather than gwTeX/
> texmf,pkgs (which I thought was for Gerben's extra additions.)

Howdy,

The texmf.pkgs directory is meant for local additions; both via extra
i-packages (e.g., CM-Super) and your additions to the system. It is
texmf.pkgs that is preserved when there is a gwTeX update.

The texmf.local directory is where generated format files, etc., are
placed during the configuration phase of gwtex installation.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)