[OS X TeX] To macro or not to macro (Was: Local additions and multiple TeX distributions)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Mar 9 13:12:34 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Even more off-topic: my first time with a computer was in 1983 in
> Saint-Cloud, not very far from Meudon IIRC, and we were taught to use
> perforated cards and output on a printer. That's how I wrote my first lines
> of code ever (a Fortran 77 program for Gaussian pivot matrix inversion).

Sorry, I can't keep myself:

I did all these things too, and it might be exactly in this combination
(It was fashionable for our professors in math at Sofia U. to go
to France, or at least do French math, along the default additional
training in Moscow. Up to now, the math symbols are typically pronounced
in French, "a,b,c,..., x,y,z".)

Thanks for the i-Installer updates!