[OS X TeX] To macro or not to macro (Was: Local additions and multiple TeX distributions)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Mar 9 13:44:06 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> WordPerfect I think)

Yes, but according to the math logicians it did poorly with logic symbols
and the greek font (if WPerfect had them at all). For a very small
subset of the math symbols that we get now in TeX, there was ChiWriter
graphical editor in those days: I typeset my PhD thesis with it, between
Moskow and Sofia, and each time spent weeks, if not a month, transferring
the font drivers (somehow, runing around friends in all insitutions to
try on their computers this and that font driver).

It seems we have forgotten that TeX/LaTex was the discovery of the
discoveries. And no need to run across town for help  :)