[OS X TeX] Bibtex: How to check if there's content in the stack?

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:58:48 EDT 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig wrote:

> Hi, Niels,
>
> Am 2007-03-11 um 08.12 schrieb Niels KobschŠtzki:
>> Is there any possibility to check if the stack has an item on top
>> and if it has it shall do a pop$, if not it just shall do nothing

<snip stack-stuff>
Danke :)

>> Google didn't really help and the documentation and tutorials for
>> creating own bibtex-styles is imho quite meagerÉ
>
> Besides Oren Patashnik's own documentation (which I found is all
> one really needs) there's "BibTeX Tips and FAQ" by Michael Shell
> and David Hoadley, recently updated to V1.1; then there's
> "Customizing Bibliographic Style Files" describing the program
> makebst, and there's a quite exhaustive tutorial by Nicolay Markey
> named "Tame the BeaST".  Last but not least, if you can read German
> you'll find Bernd Raichle tutorial "EinfŸhrung in die BibTeX-
> Programmierung" quite useful.  All that can be found on CTAN -- try
> <http://tug.ctan.org/find.html>.
>
> If you have further BibTeX problems please contact me directly.
> I'm hacking BibTeX styles for a couple of physics journals right
> now, so I'm in that quite a bit.  Also, my German ist better than
> my English.  ;-)Å

Thx for those hints. I already had Oren Patashnik's documentation but
I don't find it that helpful - I will have a look into the other
stuff, but I think I read already at least the Tips and FAQs.
Thanks for the offer to help - if I can't solve the error after
reading all the stuff, I will send you a mail ;)

Niels