[OS X TeX] OT: Autotrace

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Mon Mar 12 18:12:00 EDT 2007

Originally I installed autotrace using iInstaller, and it worked
fine. This morning I tried to use it and got this error:

DING! ~/Desktop% autotrace -h
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpstoedit.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/autotrace
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
18:00 ~/Desktop%

So, I plucked up my courage and tried to compile it from source, and
all seemed to go well, but then I got this error when I tried to use it:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_pstoedit_checkversion
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libautotrace.3.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _pstoedit_checkversion
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libautotrace.3.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap
17:56 ~/Desktop%

I realize that this is probably not the right place to be asking this
question, but I really don't know where to start -- googling didn't
turn up much.

Any pointers would be extremely appreciated!

Stephen Moye