[OS X TeX] OT: Autotrace

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Wed Mar 14 03:55:51 EDT 2007

Well, I have installed MacPorts manually and the /opt path is after
my standard paths (remember: we are talking only of the path for the
binaries - not the libraries). Everything works fine for all the
software that is meant to works also with the i-installer; obviously,
if it works with the i-installer it will work also in MacPorts with
the /opt after the standard paths. The day I'll need some different
binary, I'll see what to do.
Why do I use MacPorts (I use it for ghostscript, imagemagick, fondu,
aspell, ispell, etc)? Because I can manage versions, dependencies,
and uninstalls in a sensible and safe way; this has been already
discussed and I don't want to go back on this. The advantages are so
*many more* than the only possible disadvantage of hijacking few
binaries, if at all (like in my case).
cheers
--e.

Enrico Franconi                  - franconi at inf.unibz.it
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano - http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/
Faculty of Computer Science      - Phone: (+39) 0471-016-120
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano BZ, Italy  - Fax:   (+39) 0461-173-9006