[OS X TeX] Help: dal segno symbol

Jeffrey Roland jroland at lsu.edu
Sun Mar 18 10:08:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have what may be an unusual question, but I'm hoping that the
collective here can offer some help.  My wife is trying to produce a
dal segno symbol in text, but we can't seem to figure out how to do
it.  Apparently it's not too hard to produce when actually scoring in
Lily Pond, but we can't seem to get it into text using LaTeX.  (The
machine she's using is running the latest gwTeX with TeXShop on a PPC
G4.)  Any ideas or pointers to more appropriate lists (TeX for
composers?) would be appreciated.

TIA,

Jeff R.