[OS X TeX] \printindex

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Mar 20 10:34:09 EDT 2007

At 8:11 AM +0100 3/20/07, Alexander Mehlmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>my editor requests no pagenumbers for the startpage of both
>bibliography and index. I tried to apply \thispagestyle{empty} with
>no success. Any hints?

What document class are you using?  Assuming it is the book class,
\thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \bibliography command
should take the page number off the first page of the bibliography.
The book class hardcodes a \thispagestyle{plain} in the definition of
index, so you will need to change this (add the following code to
your preamble.)  If you're using koma or memoir, these classes have
ways to do this more elegantly.  -Alan

\makeatletter
\renewenvironment{theindex}
                {\if at twocolumn
                   \@restonecolfalse
                 \else
                   \@restonecoltrue
                 \fi
                 \twocolumn[\@makeschapterhead{\indexname}]%
                 \@mkboth{\MakeUppercase\indexname}%
                         {\MakeUppercase\indexname}%
                 \thispagestyle{empty}\parindent\z@
                 \parskip\z@ \@plus .3\p@\relax
                 \columnseprule \z@
                 \columnsep 35\p@
                 \let\item\@idxitem}
                {\if at restonecol\onecolumn\else\clearpage\fi}
\makeatother

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491