[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 21 09:51:33 EDT 2007

Am 21.03.2007 um 14:27 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> How do I change the "writing permission for its directory"?

For example by creating a new folder and copying all the old files
from the old folder into the new folder. And by copying I Opt-
dragging the files.

In Terminal you can write

	ls -ld

(with a SPACE after the ld) and drag the folder from Finder onto
Terminal. Press RETurn.

For the files you can write in Terminal:

	ls -l

(with a SPACE after the -l) and drag the files from inside the folder
in Finder onto Terminal. Press RETurn, even when I don't mention it
explicitly.

Or you do not check and just set it right:

	chmod 775 <the folder dragged from Finder>
	chmod 664 <the folder dragged from Finder>/*

If errors are reported you should

	sudo chown -R <your login name> <the folder dragged from Finder>
	chmod 664 <the folder dragged from Finder>/*

You must remove the SPACE added the folder's name to add the final /*!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on
fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.