[OS X TeX] Re: FYI: Smultron

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Fri Mar 23 02:34:40 EDT 2007

Am 22.03.2007 um 23:23 schrieb Bastian Philipps:

> Rene Borgella said the following on 22.03.2007 18:06:
>> Dear Folks,
>> FYI.  I downloaded this and looked at it briefly, seems
>> promising ....
>> Has LaTeX capability.
>> <http://smultron.sourceforge.net/>
>
> Just some rambling thoughts: ;-)
>
> Smultron is definitely a great editor.

I think you are right. I just checked out smultron for some hours and
the handling is just great.

> Though for LaTeX, I am missing some features (maybe it's caused by
> my lack of will or knowledge, how to use TeXShop with an external
> editor).

That I have to second. The features in TS that I really like are my
own macros, the syncing and the label view. And of course the
engines, but these are also available in the preview window when
usinh TS with an external editor.

The thing what I desperately miss is a small panel or drawer where I
could list the files for my current project as it is done in smultron
with the drawer on the left hand side.
THAT WOULD DEFINITLY A FEATURE REQUEST!!!

Christian