[OS X TeX]

Chetan Nayak nayak at kitp.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 26 15:34:23 EDT 2007

I have the following strange problem, but have not been able to find
any possible
causes/solutions on the web. I recently re-installed teTeX after my
hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. Prior to this, I have been
using these
programs for almost 5 years with no problems. (Back when I first
installed these
programs, the TeX engines were put in /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-
apple-darwin-current.
Now, Fink Commander put them in /sw/bin and /sw/share, but it's hard
to see how
this is the source of the problem once TeXShop knows where to find
them.)

Now, however, I have the following problem with altpdflatex: the top
margin
is too small (maybe even negative), so the text starts up at the top
of the page,
and the page numbers don't appear. The problem doesn't occur when I
use pdflatex,
only when I use altpdflatex, and it doesn't seem depend on which
distiller
I use -- the same problem occurs for both ghostscript and the built-
in distiller in OS X.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Chetan