[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:23:57 EDT 2007

On 3/31/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 31.03.2007 um 14:55 schrieb Eitan Gurari:
>
> > The complaint at my place comes from Ghostscript when I try to view
> > the code directly or translate it to PNG format through
> > ImageMagic/convert.  I don't know how Ghostscript can be configured
> > to deal with GIF code imported into postscript data.
>
> I have the picture file in all formats:
>
>          .png .tif .gif .jpeg .eps .ps .svg
>
> plus a .bb file for use with latex and DVI output.
>
> Is there no way to use \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{} and set a
> preference for picture files with htlatex, as I try? Also the shell
> script could check whether the picture file already exists in the
> preferred format, then no gs invocation would be necessary ...

I noticed that jpeg files are not converted to png while running
htlatex. Never checked tif or svg
However, it would be stupid to convert file format which are ``html
compatible''; but one should remember that such notion is not browser
or platform independent. F.e. on Windows there is a plug-in a(?)
allowing to see pdf embedded in html page