[OS X TeX] More otftotfm problems...

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat Mar 31 14:02:18 EDT 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFHOME'

Thanks for helping me to clear that up. I got the following results:

13:38 ~% kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFLOCAL'
/usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local
13:38 ~% kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFHOME'
/Users/smoye/Library/texmf

So that is all in order.

The problem is that otftotfm is creating the directory
~/.texlive2007/ and populating it with all its output -- except for
the .map file which it leaves in the current directory.

Interestingly, when I try to compile lcdf-typetools-2.61 from source,
I get this message at the configure stage:

configure: error:

I can't find the kpathsea library and/or header files. Tell me where
to look
using the --with-kpathsea=PREFIX option (header files should be under
PREFIX/include/kpathsea, and library under PREFIX/lib), or disable
support
using --without-kpathsea.

What PREFIX? Does that mean '/usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local'
or '/Users/smoye/Library/texmf'? I assume that, under the texlive2007
regime that the former is preferable to the latter, especially for
fonts. Yes?

Stephen