[OS X TeX] TS and Show files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 2 09:27:13 EDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 6:24 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> In TS there is an Applescript macro that reveals the source file
> and its pdf in the Finder. Is there a way to reveal files that are
> included via \input commands? For example, if my source contains
>
>       \input{folder1/folder2/my_file}
>
> I would like a quick way to access the location of the file
> "folder1/folder2/my_file.tex" in the Finder. Is this possible?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

In OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) you can use Spotlight to find the file and
then Cmd-Click on the file name and the folder that it's in (rather
than the file itself) will open.

Of course Spotlight doesn't automatically index all folders but you
can use SpotlightIndexer (freeware) to index folders (e.g. I use it
to index /usr/local/gwTeX/) that it ordinarily won't look through.
This works great as long the contents of those folders don't change
rapidly since you've got to re-run SpotlightIndexer when they change.
Does Spotlight have a ``white list'' of permanently added folders
like it's ``black list'' in Spotlight Preferences?

Does that help?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)