[OS X TeX] hyperref, pdftex and link to .pdf

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun May 6 05:25:36 EDT 2007

Le 6 mai 07 à 10:24, Alain Matthes a écrit :

> We can open a file.pdf from an other file.pdf
>
> \href{Groupoids.pdf}{Groupoids}
>
> All works except i would  to make the same things but
> i want   to open the link pdf in an other window.
>
> It's possible with adobe reader 8  (in the prefs : documents : open
> cross-document link in same window Y/N )
> but is there the same option in hyperref or pdftex ?

 From /Library/TeX/Documentation/texmf-dist-doc/latex/hyperref/
options.pdf:

Option: pdfnewwindow
Action: make links that open another PDF file start a new window
Type: boolean
Default: false

To be used as in:

\usepackage[pdfnewwindow]{hyperref}

or alternatively:

\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{pdfnewwindow}

(pdfnewwindow is equivalent to pdfnewwindow=true, I think).

Hope this works (I haven't tried),

Bruno Voisin