[OS X TeX] hyperref, pdftex and link to .pdf

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun May 6 08:02:53 EDT 2007

Hi Bruno, and others,

On 06/05/2007, at 11:25 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 6 mai 07 à 10:24, Alain Matthes a écrit :
>
>> We can open a file.pdf from an other file.pdf
>>
>> \href{Groupoids.pdf}{Groupoids}
>>
>> All works except i would  to make the same things but
>> i want   to open the link pdf in an other window.
>>
>> It's possible with adobe reader 8  (in the prefs : documents :
>> open cross-document link in same window Y/N )
>> but is there the same option in hyperref or pdftex ?
>
> From /Library/TeX/Documentation/texmf-dist-doc/latex/hyperref/
> options.pdf:
>
> Option: pdfnewwindow
> Action: make links that open another PDF file start a new window
> Type: boolean
> Default: false

What if you have 2 documents, each of which refers to the other?
With this option used, they open in separate windows.
But if you switch back-and-forth by pressing the links in each,
do we get more windows, or are there just the same 2 windows
being used alternately ? -- as would be the case in a web-browser.
(Is it dependent on the PDF browser ?)

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au