[OS X TeX] Changing fonts

Raheel Ahmad rahmad at cs.siu.edu
Mon May 7 13:44:59 EDT 2007

Thanks.. That solves the font size issue.
Any ideas why no change in font happens when I have just this in my
preamble:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{helvet}

I am a beginner to Latex (obviously) and am just trying to follow
tutorial directions.
Thanks

On May 7, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Jonathon Swiderski wrote:

> - Standard document fonts are only 10pt, 11pt, or 12pt.  If you want
> to use anything else, you'll need to do it some other way, such as
> with the extsizes or KOMA bundles, or the memoir class, all of which
> available on CTAN.  See
> [http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=extsizes], the UK TUG
> FAQ on extended document-font sizes.
>
> - Similarly, there is a package to choose the helvetica
> font---\usepackage{helvet}.
>
> On 5/7/07, Raheel Ahmad <rahmad at cs.siu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I am having problems trying to change fonts in any latex file (using
>> MacTex-2007). So if I say \documentclass[16pt,helvet]{article}, I
>> will get:
>>
>> LaTeX Warning: Unused global option(s):
>>      [16pt,helvet].
>

> --
> Jonathon Swiderski -- jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
> "America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
> in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." --- Evan
> Esar

Raheel Ahmad
Department of Computer Science,
Southern Illinois University