[OS X TeX] OT: Authoring+Editing with LaTeX/Mac Integration

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:51:14 EDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Jeffrey J Weimer wrote:

> I have been in search of a good tool for the Authoring + Editing
> stage of preparing a manuscript (a textbook in this case). My
> primary goal is to find a tool that allows me to WRITE a document
> unfettered with concerns about Design + Printing. During the
> writing process, an ability to OVERSEE the organization of the
> content is important.

If I understand well, you really want an editor that can fold
sections and/or chapters. Who doesn't wish TeXShop did? HINT, HINT.
But I think there is one out there that does. Can't remember which one.

But, other than that, I don't understand: Why not your usual LaTeX
editor? I am not interested it the typesetting of my book and I just
write ahead—for the most part—other than the layouts that I need and
want. My console is full of underfull and overfull and other warnings
which don't stop it and which, therefore, I gleefully ignore.

Regards
--schremmer