Package documentation (was Re: [OS X TeX] Minimal flowchart)

Joshua Smith joshua.smith at ucsf.edu
Tue May 8 23:45:08 EDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 8:21 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On May 8, 2007, at 8:18 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
>
>> Are you sure it is not installed already? What distribution are
>> you using? Try running kpsewhich pgf.sty to see if it is actually
>> already installed. Best, Mark
>
> I have TL2007, and the kpsewhihch command Mark suggests found
> pgf.sty om my machine.
>
> I think Schremmer uses gwTeX, though? As a matter of fact ``locate
> pgf" finds it in the appropriate gwTeX folders.
>
> So have at it . . .

I am considering using pgf/TikZ.  I see (now) that gwTeX includes it,
but when trying to open the documentation, texdoc pgf and texdoc tikz
do not find anything, but texdoc pgfmanual does.  I only knew this
filename because I thought gwTeX did not include it and found the
manual in the package download.  As another example, texdoc hyperref
and texdoc hyperref/manual yield two different pdfs.  In general, how
I am supposed to know how to call the documentation if texdoc
<packagename> does not open it?

Thanks,
Josh