[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Bibunits engine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue May 15 05:01:47 EDT 2007

Am 15.05.2007 um 01:51 schrieb Joshua Smith:

> I tried put these lines into an engine, but they seem to only
> process bu1.aux.  In the console, I only get:
>
> bibtex bu1
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
> The top-level auxiliary file: bu1.aux
> The style file: plain.bst
> Database file #1: sample.bib

Can it be that no other AUX file was created? Do you your source
"enabled" to include all chapters? You can make the script show all
AUX files with

	#!/bin/tcsh
	ls -l bu*.aux
	foreach auxfile (bu*.aux)
	  set afile = "`basename $auxfile .aux`"
	  echo bibtex $afile
	  bibtex "$afile"
	end

or even

	#!/bin/tcsh
	ls -l *.aux
	foreach auxfile (bu*.aux)
	  set afile = "`basename $auxfile .aux`"
	  echo bibtex $afile
	  bibtex "$afile"
	end

Is there some guarantee that all BibTeX relevant AUX files will
follow the pattern "bu*.aux?"

Another remark, now that I am awake: the double quotes are not
necessary – because the foreach loop will fail: *it* already will
separate 'a file.aux' into 'a' and 'file.aux' so that the variable
$afile will never receive the complete file name. A more complicated
script can be written ...

> For a sample TeX document, I have:

Sorry, I can't deal with these details! To see what happens with all
your LaTeX and auxiliary files it might help to open the folder in
Finder and check what changes after a LaTeX or engine file run (you
could combine both in one engine, I think) happen. For this purpose
you can make Finder sort for date, or file type, if Finder could
learn to distinguish between the different TeX related file name
extensions. In Terminal you could use 'ls -lt' to sort the ls output
for date.

--
Greetings

   Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                           (Blaise Pascal)