[carbon-emacs:176] Re: [OS X TeX] Re: PDFViewer

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu May 17 21:13:42 EDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 10:31, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>> As far as I know, this is the way Apple thinks it should be, since
>> System Preferences requires you to use a modifier key when you
>> assign custom shortcuts.  If you look at the menus of any
>> application, all shortcuts have a modifier.  For PDF viewing
>> applications, the arrow keys are already used for other things by
>> the scroll view.
>
> True. But also, in Preview the Arrow keys work, without the Cmd, as
> next/previous page or scrolling depending on the magnification.
> relative to the size of the window.

Sorry, but that just sounds weird.  The more shortcut keys are used
for context-sensitive operations, the less useful they become, in my
belief.  Additionally, each user has a different idea of which
functions MUST HAVE SHORTCUTS or else YOUR APPLICATION IS USELESS TO
ME.  Keep in mind that Skim is aimed at reading and annotating, not
TeX viewing.

--
Adam