[OS X TeX] Re: Fwd: [Ii2-announce] TeXLive i-Package updated

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Sun May 20 08:48:09 EDT 2007

It is possible to permanently add directories to spotlight by
explicitly adding them to the _rules.plist of the main volume file
using its own editor as follows:

sudo /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Property\ List\ Editor.app/
Contents/MacOS/Property\ List\ Editor /.Spotlight-V100/_rules.plist

After that, you have to erase the master copy of the metadata stores
for the provided volumes and rebuild everything, as follows:

sudo mdutil -E /

Hope this helps
--e.