[OS X TeX] Permissions in .texlive2007

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Mon May 21 22:46:17 EDT 2007

On 22 May, at 7:48 , Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On  21 May, 2007, at 20:53, S P Suresh wrote:
>
>> Dear Axel,

<snip>
>>  But I am not sure about the subdirectories. Can you tell me what
>> their permissions should be?
>
> I'm really not sure, but these are mine (check David Watson's as
> well):

<snip>
> Best,
>
> Axel

Dear Axel and David,

Thanks for the help. I set the permissions of all the directories
under .texlive2007 to 775, and set the sticky bit on. The problems I
had earlier are no longer there. TeX is able to create the pk files
for some of the fonts at very low sizes now. (I have to typeset an
article in two column layout in 10pt, and the articles has a lot of
prooftrees, which for want of space are set in {\tiny ...}. This
forces TeX to create pk files for very small point sizes.)

Anyway, looking at David Watson's permissions, it looks like only
some of the subdirectories need to have their sticky bits on. Does
anyone else have any ideas? Are there subdirectories of .texlive2007
that shouldn't have their sticky bits on?

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh
Chennai Mathematical Institute