[OS X TeX] Updated MacTeX packages

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 22 19:51:46 EDT 2007

Le 23 mai 07 à 00:04, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> On 22 May, 2007, at 16:37 , Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>
>> What about the revised TeXDist control panel: How can I update it
>> directly, like BibDesk, etc., without downloading and updating the
>> entire MacTeX-2007.dmg?
>
> I think the latest gwTeX (19 MB update) has it:
>
> TeX i-Package release notes
>
> 2007/05/18:
> • Updated TeXDist stuff from Jérôme Laurens (real bug fix). Removed
> source .zip as it is out of date and no new one has been publicly
> released.
> • Updated epstopdf with a windows-compatible version and simplified
> code. No functional differences.

I don't think so. The latest version of the TeXDist pref panel is
build 14, announced by Jérôme Laurens on 21 May on the MacTeX list
(private), with the following comments:

> This is a very minor update, the description text view of the TeXDist
> pref pane is now scrollable,
> as requested by Gerben.
> The description of the distributions can be longer than the initial 4
> lines requirement.
>
> Next, some kind of auto resizing feature will certainly be added to
> improve efficiency.

gwTeX has probably build 11, announced there on 11 May.

How to check the version: Ctrl-Click (or Right-Click for people with
a Mighty Mouse) on TeX Distribution Helper or
TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane, select Show Package Contents and open
Contents/Info.plist (it will be opened in Property List Editor in
case you have Xcode installed). The string TeXDistSourceVersion is
the build number, I think.

Bruno Voisin