[OS X TeX] Updated MacTeX packages

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Tue May 22 23:19:57 EDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On 22 May, 2007, at 18:51 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

>>> I think the latest gwTeX (19 MB update) has it:
>
> [...]
>

>> I don't think so. The latest version of the TeXDist pref panel is
>> build 14, announced by Jérôme Laurens on 21 May
>
> And gwTeX is 2007/05/18
>
>> gwTeX has probably build 11, announced there on 11 May.
>>
>> How to check the version: Ctrl-Click (or Right-Click for people
>> with a Mighty Mouse) on TeX Distribution Helper or
>> TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane, select Show Package Contents and open
>> Contents/Info.plist (it will be opened in Property List Editor in
>> case you have Xcode installed). The string TeXDistSourceVersion is
>> the build number, I think.

The pref pane can be found in /Library/PreferencePanes. (I had to
hunt around).

> In my case, both the Preference Pane and the .app say 6.

Like Axel, my Preference pane Info.plist reads 6; the Get Info window
for the Preference Pane says 1.1; and texdist -version gives me 1.5.

This is with a successfully updated (I think) gwTeX, i.e., the latest
version recently announced here.

--
Dr. Adam M. Goldstein
amgoldstein <at> mac <dot> com