[OS X TeX] Updated MacTeX packages

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed May 23 04:36:57 EDT 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 23 mai 07 à 00:04, Axel E. Retif a écrit :
>
>> On 22 May, 2007, at 16:37 , Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>>
>>> What about the revised TeXDist control panel: How can I update it
>>> directly, like BibDesk, etc., without downloading and updating the entire
>>> MacTeX-2007.dmg?
>>
>> I think the latest gwTeX (19 MB update) has it:
>>
>> TeX i-Package release notes
>>
>> 2007/05/18:
>> ? Updated TeXDist stuff from Jérôme Laurens (real bug fix). Removed source
>> .zip as it is out of date and no new one has been publicly released.
>> ? Updated epstopdf with a windows-compatible version and simplified code.
>> No functional differences.
>
> I don't think so. The latest version of the TeXDist pref panel is build 14,
> announced by Jérôme Laurens on 21 May on the MacTeX list (private), with the
> following comments:
>
>> This is a very minor update, the description text view of the TeXDist
>> pref pane is now scrollable,
>> as requested by Gerben.
>> The description of the distributions can be longer than the initial 4
>> lines requirement.
>>
>> Next, some kind of auto resizing feature will certainly be added to
>> improve efficiency.
>
> gwTeX has probably build 11, announced there on 11 May.
>
> How to check the version: Ctrl-Click (or Right-Click for people with a Mighty
> Mouse) on TeX Distribution Helper or TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane, select Show
> Package Contents and open Contents/Info.plist (it will be opened in Property
> List Editor in case you have Xcode installed). The string
> TeXDistSourceVersion is the build number, I think.

(How can I get to "TeXDistPrefPane.prefPane"?)

By Ctrl-Clickon TeX Distribution Helper.app, etc., I see that number is 6,
not 11. Does this mean that despite of updating to the latest MaCTeX,
and in particular now to the latest gwTeX (2007/05/18), via i-Installer, I
did not get the newest TeXDistribution?

If I highlight (select with a single click over) the
TeX Distribution Helper.app and then Get Info by Cmd+i, I see that it is
Created and Modified on January 6, 2007.

Roussanka