[OS X TeX] ifthen and regular expressions

Jeffrey J Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Wed May 23 18:38:53 EDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 2:59 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> It seems You are all right, but I don not find the matching values.
>
> ===== 8>< =====
> \documentclass{ltxdoc}
> \usepackage{coolstr}
> \begin{document}
> \ifstrchareq{The Royal Court of Westminster}{0}{Court}{%
>   TRUE
> }{%
>   FALSE
> }
> \end{document}
> ===== ><8 =====
>
> I do not understand which value is needed in \ifstrchareq for the
> second argument.
>
> Any hints?

As I see now, the \ifstrchareq{STRING}{POS#}{CHAR} command compares
the character at position POS# in string STRING with CHAR (a character).

I have some further thoughts on this that I have sent you off-line.

In the meantime, perhaps someone here knows of a way to accomplish
what you want with some other package??????

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr