[OS X TeX] fonts in leopard

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Thu Nov 1 19:52:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

I upgraded to leopard and now there seems to be a problem with the
fonts.
Some fonts are replaced by Helvetica or something like that. I first
thought that this was
related to TeXniscope but it also shows up with Preview.
When opening a pdf file with preview the displayed fonts may vary each
time I open up the document.
So while TeXniscope never displays correctly, Preview occasionally
does (it works after logging out), except for some italic font in the
bibliography which is not displayed correctly.
Very weird. Logging out momentarily helps but when I open up
TeXniscope again, it's there again.
Console:  "ATSFontFindFromContainer failed: count = 2". (Preview)
and "Unable to use font : no glyphs present" (TeXniscope).
Any suggestions ? Has anyone else upgraded to leopard and seen the
same thing ?
I could reinstall everything (not an upgrade, if that helped) but
maybe there is a simpler solution.
I first thought that this was TeX-related, but it could also be a more
general 'leopard bug'.

Could also someone explain what the paths TeXniscope should be (for
intel macs) ?

Could this also have something to do with leopard's "automatic font
activation" or the choice of what the default install location of
fonts ought to be (user or computer) ?.

I am using gwTeX installed via i-installer.

Many thanks,
PM