[OS X TeX] Just went to Leopard and ...

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Nov 7 16:24:49 EST 2007

Le 7 nov. 07 à 20:38, win at ucla.edu a écrit :

> [...] it was Bruno's recommendation that I employ in plain TeX the
> lines
>
> \pdfpageheight=11.0 truein
> \pdfpagewidth=8.5 truein
> \pdfhorigin=1.0truein
> \pdfvorigin=1.0truein
>
> at the beginning of the document or after any \magnification
> statement that worked.

Actually there was a mistake in the code that I posted (and from which
you extracted the "substantifique moëlle", namely the fragment that
worked with pdfTeX): the file to be input was ifpdf.sty, not
ifpdf.tex, transforming

\magnification=\magstep1
\input ifpdf
\ifpdf
  \pdfpagewidth=8.5truein \pdfhorigin=1truein
  \pdfpageheight=11truein \pdfvorigin=1truein
\else
  \special{papersize=8.5in,11in}
\fi

into

\magnification=\magstep1
\input ifpdf.sty
\ifpdf
  \pdfpagewidth=8.5truein \pdfhorigin=1truein
  \pdfpageheight=11truein \pdfvorigin=1truein
\else
  \special{papersize=8.5in,11in}
\fi

Bruno