[OS X TeX] Installing 'makor' package on MacTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 9 04:32:09 EST 2007

Am 09.11.2007 um 02:02 schrieb Eric Jablow:

> makor.map doesn't make it into that updmap.cfg.  I'm using MacTeX,
> not gwTeX and not texlive, though there are texlive directories.
> The directory /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc
> doesn't exist.  Should I create one and put makor.map into it?

MacTeX is TeX Live 2007 based. The documentation to TeX Live 2007
recommends to create a branch outside its core, i.e. not inside /usr/
local/texlive/2007 but aside, in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local,
enabling it to serve TeX also in 2008, 2009, ... Since I am not using
MacTeX I can't tell what its documentation recommends and I can't
even tell whether MacTeX's texmf.cnf file (/usr/local/texlive/2007/
texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf?) accepts /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local as
part of a system's TeX installation. My texmf.cnf has a line

	TEXMFLOCAL=$SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-local

which adds this branch to the system (between TEXMFDIST and
TEXMFSYSVAR). Changing MacTeX's texmf.cnf in a similar way would
enable it to recognise that branch and you would need to create the
whole path of directories on the command line

	sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc

to put makor.map there. And whenever you update MacTeX you should
check whether texmf.cnf was overwritten. Imagining this and not
wanting to download hundreds of MB each time a slight change happens
I decided to stick to the original and update this or that using the
MiKTeX Package Manager, mpm (which won't update binaries, because the
MiKTeX repositories have no Mac OS X binaries).

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Evolution"            o           __o                     _o _