[OS X TeX] LaTexIt on Leopard

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Nov 9 18:45:18 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Erik Jensen wrote:

> Is it just me having issues with LaTeXIt on Leopard? On his web site
> Pierre acknowledges a Leopard issue but has not had a chance to fix
> it yet. It seems that it does work for some people on Leopard <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071029190900872
> >. I did an archive+install for Leopard and re-installed MacTeX with
> the latest dmg. Has anyone found a fix for LaTeXIt?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik.

Howdy,

It has to be Force Quit and never completes a compile. I then saw two
sets of disconnected bash executions four deep and the fan on my
Macbook Pro was on continuously. After killing those bash executions
(taking almost 100% CPU) it all quieted down. Yes, LaTeXiT seems to
need some fixing, at least on my system.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)