[OS X TeX] Duplicate texi* executables on Leopard

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 12 15:09:29 EST 2007

> They've always been part of OS X AFAIK, or at least part of the dev
> tools install.  They're so out-of-date that we keep our own version
> texi2html for BibDesk, since the help book is written in Texinfo.

Right.
I just checked texi2dvi

/usr/bin  is version 1.34

/usr/texbin/ is version 1.42

/usr/bin/texi2html is version 170 and /usr/texbin/texi2html is version
1.76

This then seems to require that /usr/texbin should come before /usr/
bin in PATH if texlive is to have priority.
Correct?
Or is it safe to remove the texi2* stuff from /usr/bin?

Berend