[OS X TeX] bibtex and Japanese (or Chinese)

Álex Bueno lists+tex+mac at bueno.imap.cc
Tue Nov 13 11:30:16 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering anyone knows if there's a way to easily incorporate
Japanese text along with its romanization in bibtex. The idea is to
produce something like this, ideally with the option to not print the
Japanese:

Natsume Sōseki [夏目漱石], Wagahai wa neko de aru (I am a cat)
[吾輩は猫である], Tōkyō: Ōkura Shoten, 1905.

While not especially common in publishing, it seems useful to include
kanji in a bibliography, if only for personal archival purposes. The
problem here is with the author names, naturally, not with the
titles. Also, dealing with name and surname order properly would be
good.

I am using jurabib at the moment because it seems it's the closest
thing out there to the Chicago footnote citation/bibliography system
that we use in the humanities.

Thanks,
Alex