[OS X TeX] Duplicate texi* executables on Leopard

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 14 11:10:05 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 7:13 AM, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> I made an engine for TeXShop. It only contains texi2pdf "$1" so that
> I wouldn't have to run LaTeX, BibTeX and possibly Makeindex manually
> enough times  to resolve all references. (On windows systems I use
> MiKTeX and texify to do this).
>
> Until now I assumed that this would run /usr/texbin/texi2pdf.
> I should have checked.
> Nowadays I use the latexmk and pdflatexmk engines whenever I am
> editing/previewing with TeXShop.
>
> I call(ed) texi2pdf from a script in Terminal (many times).
> I do this for testing purposes (many LaTeX runs) and generated
> documents.

If you are using an engine in TeXShop and a script in Terminal why not
just put in the full path: e.g., in the engine use

/usr/texbin/texi2pdf "$1"

and then you don't have to mess around with changing paths, etc. I was
going to suggest you try latexmk but I see you already know about it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)