[OS X TeX] Leopard 10.5.1

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Nov 16 11:28:18 EST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2007, at 4:40 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Relative to TeX I don't know yet, but after applying the update and
>> then using Disk Utility to verify permissions for my hard drive,
>> I'm now getting:
>>
>> Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and
>> will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
>> DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool"
>> has been modified and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
>> DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been
>> modified and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
>> Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified
>> and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
>> Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified
>> and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
>> Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified
>> and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and
>> will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/
>> Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
>> Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/
>> ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will
>> not be repaired.
>>
>> The last warning was already there (I suppose it appeared after
>> applying the Remote Desktop Client update just after installing
>> Leopard), but all the others are new.

It seems Apple has laid an egg on this. If my wife saw this she'd
freak out. Heck, I did until I looked it up. They need to not report
harmless errors because the average user isn't going to like this very
much (how many postings on this already)? Heck, average or not, it
bugs me. I like to see "fixed, not fixed (couldn't be), or never
needed to be fixed". The rest is irrelevant to me.
Joe