[OS X TeX] Leopard 10.5.1

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 16 13:35:38 EST 2007

On 16 Nov 2007, at 19:06, Jeffrey Roland wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I plan to upgrade to Leopard in the next few days, still trying to
> decide between Archive and Install or a clean install.  Will you
> elaborate on your firewall comment, please?

Apparently stealth mode may not be activated. Happened to me.
Go to

System Preferences, Security.
Click on tab Firewall.
Click on Advanced...
Check that Stealth Mode is enabled. If not then Enable Stealth Mode.

I'm glad that stealth mode is enabled; it appears that  some machine
is attempting to connect to TCP.
This seems to be happening quite regularly.

Berend