[OS X TeX] Leo's Spotlight doesn't find sty, lco, engine files

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 17:03:00 EST 2007

Le 17 nov. 07 à 21:51, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

<snip>

> - If the search is applied to my whole home directory, only the .sty
> files in ~/Documents and ~/Desktop are found, not those in ~/Library
> (including those in ~/Library/texmf and ~/Library/Application
> Support/Textures/Inputs).

Oh. On my machine (10.5.1 PPC, French locale) the search finds .sty
files that are in my Library folder. The only difference with your
method is that I ticked the box ``in the menu'' when the sheet with
the different ``other'' choices appeared. What cmd-F does not seem to
do is find things hidden in /Library, even if they are aliased in ~/
Library (but then, they are not indexed, are they?)...

> - If the search is applied to ~/Library, all the .sty files inside ~/
> Library are found (including those in ~/Library/texmf and ~/Library/
> Application Support/Textures/Inputs).
>
> - In both cases, once the search has been completed, it's impossible
> to sort the files found: clicking on any of the column titles (Name,
> Type, Opening -- in French -- in my case) does not result in the
> files being sorted.

Oh, again. On my machine there is no problem: clicking on a column
title after the search completes sorts according to that column.

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)