[OS X TeX] convert .tex file to .html

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 19 08:45:03 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Josep M.Font wrote:

> El 18/11/2007, a las 4:25, Richard Koch escribió:
>> In the pulldown menu next to the Typeset button, select htlatex.
> Strange feature of TeXShop: The new engine "htlatex" is shown in
> this pulldown menu but not in the "Typeset" menu in the main menu
> bar of the program. Is this OK ? It would be logical that if one
> adds more engines then these are shown in both places (actually, I
> had the typeset button and menu in the document's toolbar disabled,
> as for me the standard menus in the main manu bar are OK, hence I
> was not seeing the new engine anywhere, until I turned them on).

That is normal; the Typeset Menu doesn't dynamically change. The
easiest way to have a document processed using a particular engine is
to place the line

%%!TEX TS-program = engine-name

%%!TEX TS-program = htlatex

will ALWAYS default to using the htlatex engine.

Also, items like BibTeX in the Typeset menu are not check-off items,
like TeX and Ghostscript item. Typeset, maybe a misnomer, always re-
does the last processing step.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)