[OS X TeX] pdf fails to print

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 21 12:40:06 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Frédéric Dupont wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed Leopard on my Mac. It's a fresh install.
> I can compile all my foo.tex using pdflatex but the resulting file
> can't be print. All my pdfviewers crashes when I try to print the
> foo.pdf.
> When I follow the tex -> dvi -> ps -> pdf  path, the resulting pdf
> is OK and can be printed.
>
> mac : G3 dual proc 1,25 Mhz
> OS : Leopard (with the last update)
> TeX-Live 2007
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Frederic

Howdy,

There are definite problems with the printing system in Leopard. I
have multiple pdf files produced with pdflatex that view fine, print
fine through Adobe Reader but crash when attempting to print in
Preview or TeXShop.

Look in /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ and see if anything is there (not
always the case).  There should definitely be a crash report in ~/
Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ if Preview or TeXShop crashes. When
Preview crashes I'd check to send a report to Apple. I'm sure they
know about the problem and I know sample files that crash the system
every time have been sent to them.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)