[OS X TeX] Using gtamacfonts on Leopard

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Thu Nov 22 07:47:23 EST 2007

Am 22.11.2007 um 12:49 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

>> Am 22.11.2007 um 11:16 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>>
>>> Thus it seems that in the version of Hoefler shipped with Leopard,
>>> all underscores have vanished from glyph names. Probably a short-
>>> term fix for gtamacfonts (untested) would be to edit manually the
>>> encoding files inside /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/fonts/enc/dvips/
>>> gtamacfonts/, to suppress the underscores.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your analysis.
>> I have sent a bug report now to Gerben.
>
> I'll do something about this asap.
>
> Can someone send me a minimal test file? I do not use Hoefler.

See the minimal example from my first posting below that shows the
problem with Hoefler, now complete with all the usepackage commands.

The other fonts work fine for me except HelveticaNeue.

The problem with this font is that on Leopard it does no longer exist
in /Library/Fonts/ but in /Systen/Library/Fonts/ and is not found by
Fondu. It works after I copied the font to /Library/Fonts/ (but the
system reports a problem with the duplicate font then, so it is
probably a good idea to remove it once Fondu has generated the font
files.)

Another small problem: The script generates an empty /usr/local/gwTeX/
texmf.gwtex/fonts/truetype/gtamacfonts/helveticaneue/ folder which has
to be removed before running it again, otherwise it seems to think
that the font already exists.

I also get this warning each time I run my minimal example:

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/fonts/map/
pdftex/gtamacfonts/gtamacfonts.map): fontmap entry for `ts1-
OptimaRegular' already exists, duplicates ignored

Gerben, thanks for the quick reaction!

Best regards,
Matthias

Here's the minimal example: