[OS X TeX] Problems with nested lists?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Nov 25 05:13:44 EST 2007

Le 25 nov. 07 à 10:56, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> On 25 nov 2007, at 04:51, brian at pongonova.net wrote:
>
>>   1. some item
>> <bullet> some item
>> <bullet> another item
>>   2. second item
>> <bullet> ad nauseum...
>
> Description is incomplete (your example does not produce a second
> item, so it is impossible to see if something actually goes wrong.),
> but outcome is (possibly) as intended. Please give a full
> description, what you expected, and what came out. Do this in the
> smallest possible test file that shows the issue.

Yes please provide more details on your problem. What's wrong in the
output you get? Is it the indentation of the items, or their labeling?

And also, pretty pretty *please*: in your email software, don't start
a new thread by replying to a message from another thread. This messes
up threading in standard OS X applications like Mail and Thunderbird,
which base threading on invisible headers like (in your original
message):

revealing that you created your message by replying to one of George
Gratzer's messages in the thread "[OS X TeX] Re: When Is It Coming
Out?".

Again, the invisible headers of your message reveal that you're using
the text-based emailer Mutt:

According to its web page <http://www.mutt.org/>, Mutt does support
threading. I wonder whether the same effect manifests itself with it
(namely messed-up threading when a new thread is created by replying
to another thread).

Bruno Voisin