[OS X TeX] perils of sty file locations

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 27 09:24:38 EST 2007

Am 27.11.2007 um 14:09 schrieb David Oliver:

> Personal sty files (not part of the distribution) in ~Library/texmf/
> tex/latex on previous machine moved to identical location on new
> machine. Under TeXShop on the new machine, the files can't be found..
>
> Diagnosis?

By moving you probably mean dragging. Even if not, when you move
<other computer>~/Library into ~/Library, then ~/Library will contain
another Library folder, the one from the other Mac. You have to move
<other computer>~/Library/texmf to ~/Library. And also <other
computer>~/Library/TeXShop and more subdirectories ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The box said "Use Windows 95 or better," so I got a Macintosh.