[OS X TeX] LaTeXmk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 28 09:48:37 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 28.11.2007 um 14:54 schrieb Ralph Martin:
>
>> Could we have perhaps instead have two variants, say
>> %!TEX TS-program = latexmknops
>> which deletes the ps file at the end of the process, and
>> %!TEX TS-program = latexmkkeepps
>> which keeps the ps file at the end of the process?
>
> Yes. Hard-link latexmknops with latexmkkeepps. Then, after the PS
> file was created, check under which name ($0) the script or engine
> is running. If its name is latexmknops then delete the PS file.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

Another brute force approach... duplicate the latexmk.engine file and
give it the name latexmkx.engine. Open the engine file in TeXShop and
add the lines

basefname=$(basename "$1" .tex)
rm "${basefname}.dvi"
rm "${basefname}.ps"

to the end of the engine file (make sure there file ends with a return).

You can also add the dvi and ps extensions to TeXShop's File->Trash
Aux Files (Ctl-Cmd-A) command; search for Trash in TeXShop's Help.
Then the choice is up to you at any time without changing the tex file

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)