[OS X TeX] how to install NOWEB?

Gert van Oss gertmt at mac.com
Thu Nov 29 10:50:53 EST 2007

Dear list,

could anyone give me some guidance on how to install NOWEB?
- I'm on a Mac OS X machine (Leopard)
- comfortable in the terminal, and
- downloaded 'noweb-2.11b' from http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~nr/noweb/dist/
.

After that I looked into the directory 'src' and read the INSTALL
document. However I've just never installed something like this and
the first sentence

     1) First point to compilers to be used to built the tools and

is not really clear for me. Reading on, more questions arise. If it is
just a few terminal-commands and someone has these at hand I would be
grateful if he/she is willing to share these with me. That way I can
try some LP with Perl as I read about in Elements of Programming with
Perl.

Thanks for any reply,

Gert