[OS X TeX] With gwTeX, how to install Bera and Luximono Fonts

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Oct 1 07:38:15 EDT 2007

Le 28 sept. 07 à 18:36, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> I don't think you need a ~/Library/texmf/web2c directory for any
> font; just ~/Library/texmf/fonts... (for the .pfb files and maps,
> as I see below you have) and ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex... for
> the .sty files.
>
> It's tricky for me to give advice on this, because, as I said, I
> don't know how to manage a web2c folder. But, again, what *I* would
> do is delete that folder and use
>
> sudo updmap-sys --syncwithtrees
>
> and then enable the map files inside my HOME tree with sudo updmap-
> sys...
>
> Best,

I remove the folder web2c from /Library/texmf and I make your
recommendations.

It's fine ! I had only a problem with lmodern and I had to make this :

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lm.map

Thanks for your answers

A last question : if I want to have two users on my mac.

How must I make to be able to work with the same fonts?

I need to put the fonts in gwTeX/texmf.local/ ?
And which are the good commands ?

Regards Alain