[OS X TeX] Problem with tetex/gwtex and fink

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 15:00:22 EDT 2007

Le 3 oct. 07 à 20:08, Holger Schulz a écrit :

> it seems I'm lost. Is there a chance to use a gwTeX with fink? How?

One possibility is to just try Dick Koch's suggestion, namely use the
texdist mechanism to make Fink's teTeX works seamlessly.

I am not sure I understood exactly what's going on (why use the
texdist mechanism if your TeX is entirely installed through Fink?),
and I've not Fink myself and am too short of time to experiment. But
if I understood correctly Dick Koch's instructions:

- Install Fink's teTeX. Not system-tetex, but teTeX only, which I
think should mean the texmf trees and nothing else.

- Install BasicTeX from <www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html>. If I
understood correctly, that means the various binaries (pdftex, xetex,
dvips, (x)dvipdfm(x), kpsewhich, updmap, etc.) and maybe some config
files (texmf.cnf, etc.). That should replace what system-tetex is
supposed to perform, I think.

- Go to System Preferences > Other > TeX Distribution and make sure
Fink-teTeX is selected.

That should be it, hopefully, but it would be better if Dick or Herb
or anybody else in the know could confirm that I'm not mixing things up!

Bruno Voisin