[OS X TeX] Re: TeX-Live (Mac version) question

Lantz Susan lantzs at tristate.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:15:02 EDT 2007

My thanks to Mr. Schulz and Dr. Koch for explaining exactly what I need
to do to create an AMS-TeX format.

Dr. Gratzer asked:
<< But may I respectfully ask, why use a tool that was declared obsolete

by its author 17 years ago, when such an excellent successor is
available? >>

A question that has no doubt been in a few people's heads after reading
my request.

The answer is: I want to use AMS-TeX to compile a set of old (c. 1990)
course notes and handouts for a course I'm currently---and
unexpectedly---teaching.

Susan ``Why retype if you can avoid it?'' Lantz
lantzs at tristate.edu