[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 5 18:20:41 EDT 2007

Am 05.10.2007 um 16:38 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> I am getting close having to up-load part of the magnum opus.

Use Finder for the file transfer.

One Finder window shows your opus, i.e. the root file plus other
files or directories. A second Finder window shows the server. To
open this second window you can type in Terminal 'open <that server's
address and directory name>' or use in a Finder window the 'Connect
to Server' entry in the Go menu. Then it's easy to drag objects from
one window to the other.

There is only the problem with the usually invisible .DS_Store files.
As http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301711 describes,
you need to invoke a command from Terminal's command line:

	defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true

and log-off and in again, then Finder won't create such a file on the
server. I am not sure whether .DS_Store files in sub-directories
would be copied ... To prevent copying you can delete them from the
command line in Terminal:

	find <where the root file is> -type f -name .DS_Store -exec rm {} \;
-print

It will report which Desktop Services Store files have been deleted.

To re-enable Finder's default behaviour you can invoke:

	defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores false

presumingly. Or simply invoke:

	rm  ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktopservices.plist

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.