[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Oct 6 00:35:36 EDT 2007

Le 6 oct. 07 à 00:20, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 05.10.2007 um 16:38 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> I am getting close having to up-load part of the magnum opus.
>
> Use Finder for the file transfer.
>
> One Finder window shows your opus, i.e. the root file plus other
> files or directories. A second Finder window shows the server. To
> open this second window you can type in Terminal 'open <that
> server's address and directory name>' or use in a Finder window the
> 'Connect to Server' entry in the Go menu. Then it's easy to drag
> objects from one window to the other.

In case the server to which the files must be uploaded is a FTP one,
then Finder can't be used: the Finder FTP capabilities, invoked
through Connect to Server (Cmd-K) then FTP URLs like <ftp://
ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive>, allow download but not upload. See:

For years (back when it was Mac OS 6.7 IIRC), I have been using Fetch
for such tasks:

<http://fetchsoftworks.com/>

It's shareware, and freeware for educational institutions (I got very
easily a free license for mine).

There's Interarchy too (originally Anarchy), also shareware and quite
as old as Fetch, but I've always felt Interarchy a bit too powerful
and overwhelming compared with the simplicity of Fetch:

<http://nolobe.com/interarchy/>

In the public domain, there's Cyberduck which is also quite nice:

<http://cyberduck.ch/>

Back when a colleague of mine was looking for easy SFTP on OS X, and
Fetch had no SFTP capabilities yet, I tried and used Cyberduck for a
while. However, having practiced Fetch for so many years, I finally
went back to it when it could do SFTP as well.

> There is only the problem with the usually invisible .DS_Store
> files. [...]

Regarding these files, you can have a look at:

<http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-May/030972.html>

which points to the software:

<http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/>

And similarly have a look at: